1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Judicial Conduct & Disability


Congress has created a procedure, set forth in 28 U.S.C. § 372(c), that allows any person to file a complaint alleging judicial misconduct or disability.  Misconduct refers to conduct that interferes with the effective administration of the business of the courts, not the correctness of a particular ruling.  If you believe a judge made a wrong decision, even a very wrong decision, you may not use this procedure.   Instead, if you are a litigant, you must use the appeal process.  An attorney can explain your right to appeal.


Links to the complaint form and the rules governing judicial misconduct or disability are given below. A complaint must be supported by evidence sufficient to raise an inference of misconduct or disability.